Skip to content
- 7,000 homes predicted to be lost to the sea in the next century along the managed retreat policy for much of the UK
- Sea levels expected to rise between 0.18 m and 0.59 m by 2100
- Estimates made by the Environment Agency that £1 x10^9 worth of property will be destroyed in the next 100 years; less than the cost of protecting them
- If sea protection is not maintained the prediction of lost properties rises to 74,000 homes
- Cornwall, the worst affected county, is expected to lose 76 homes in the next 20 years.