Southampton water land uses:
- Dibden Bay- Natural area, recognised by RSPB. Holds an SSSI, Keyhaven nature reserve- 2000 acres. Important for birds.
- City of Southampton- 50000 people
- Roll on/Roll off facility- 750000 vehicles a year, holds 6000 cars, Container Facility- 200 acres, 25% of container traffic
- Cruise Terminal- 200 cruise ships handled a year, 700000 passengers, Bulk Terminal – 28000 ton grain facility
- Cowers (Isle of Wight), large port.
- Thorness Bay Holiday Village
- Calshot Activities centre- water sports centre, River Hamble- used for watersports
- Fawley Power Station- one of the largest oil fired power stations in the UK, Exxon Mobil Oil Refinery- 3000 acres, 2000 ship movements a year. 15% of UK petrol products. Workforce of 3000
- Fawley chemical manufacturing plant- produces a million tons of chemicals in a year, about 80% exported.
- Large shipping facilities with leisure (water sports due to injury and land-based recreation due to spoiling the view)
- Industry and conservation
(Image source: http://www.southampton.ac.uk/about/city-region.page)